What I Wore to My Baby Shower .. Part 1




I(MOUMITA, for most ones who are unable to recognize us 😁) am so thrilled to be able to share looks from the most beautiful baby showers (yes there were 3! ) I have ever been to and even more excited because it was MINE! ha, I still can’t believe it. I have to say I have never had a party planned in my honor (post age 6ish) where I didn’t plan it myself or contribute. I have always been the planner and the crafter and the doer, but with this one my friends and family kept me completely in the dark, all I had to do was show up and pick my jaw up off the floor after I took in all the sweet details of the day.

I decided to go traditional as all three of my showers were kept as per customary Bengali baby shower or Shad rituals. The most special thing about all my looks was that my sarees and jewelries were sent by my parents and in-laws from India for this ceremony.  I would post these three looks in 2 posts to not overwhelm with the pics(yes I clicked millions!!)

Look 1 



My lovely friends in Maryland hosted a perfect Bengali Shad for me on my seventh month of pregnancy. I and K were ever so thankful for them to make us feel so special on that day. They cooked several Bengali delicacies including seven different fries and seven types of sweets as a wonderful mark of the seventh month. 







Now lets get back to my look, as my friends informed me ahead of time that they would host a traditional Shad, I decided to drape the saree and jewelries my Ma and Sanchita sent for me. As they could not be present in person on this day, their love hugged me tight.


I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy, so Ma bought this soft and lightweight  parrot green dhakai saree for my comfort draping and Sanchita designed the blouse. It had a stunning patch at the back. The soft and light dhakai was extremely easy to drape. I decided to sport a quintessential Bong look with it and wore the saree in Bengali Aatpoure style. The traditional gold Kaan (ear cuff), over-sized pendant and the pearl Maharani Haar were match made in heaven with the look. BTW the pearl necklace was the loving gift by Sanchita.
















Outfit Details

Saree: Jamdani House, Kolkata, India
Blouse: Material from Geeta's , Kolkata, India and designed by Sanchita
Gold Jewelry: N.P. Jewelers, Kolkata, India
Pearl Raani Haar: Gift, Source Unknown



2 comments:

  1. Looking beautiful Moumita.......Yes a very challenging yet memorable journey indeed.Enjoy the Parenthood both of you.Blessings and love for the little one.Enjoy and celebrate your motherhood.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sanchari....appreciate all your love and best wishes <3

      Delete