I Repeat & Restyle My Sarees With Pride | 1 Saree 3 Ways of Styling

 


Hello Everyone, I hope everyone reading this is safe and healthy, tricky and trying times we are in PHEW!! In this age of Insta-fashion probably the most bizarre of all so called norm is: you can’t wear the same outfit twice.


WAIT WHAT!?

If you say this aloud to my middle class Bengali mom, she will roll her eyes to say "joto nekami 😏" For all her life she has loved and lived in her handful of sarees. Never heard her whinnying about she doesn't have anything to wear from her little wardrobe. But for our social media dependent generation, we often find it "embarrassing" to repeat and upload same outfit pics. Moreover popular fashion blogs or Insta-accounts often calls outfit repeating “daunting”, “lazy dressing” and “a fashion faux-pas”. Also according to those articles, women are “very self-conscious” (in a negative way) when repeating the same outfit , especially when around the same people. Thus it puts a certain kind of unnecessary pressure on fashion conscious people when repeating outfits. Just think about that for a second. It blows my mind.

I feel like the rising of fast fashion and our over-sharing behavior on social media outlets such as Instagram might have even worsened the shame that comes with outfit repeating.

 But I have found  this trend quite unreal and stupid. Why can't I or rather why shouldn't I re-wear my fav saree to multiple parties especially when I love it and I feel good in it.. When I spend my hard earned money on a saree or a dress why should it be resting in my cupboard? Its extremely unreal to scroll through every see Insta-celebs account as you will rarely spot them repeating any outfit twice! I hear they get their clothes sponsored which they can return later. But isn't it a demoralizing trend specially for middle class people like us. Lets be real in our fashion sense and also what we put out on our social media handles. 

So I want to say it with pride and honesty that I love flaunting my favorite outfits over and over again. And I love to mix and match them with different makeup and accessories everytime to cut out any boredom.

Styling Details

Look 1:


So here's my favorite Batik (mom chitra batik to be specific) Murshidabad Silk which I have repeated several time on several occasions as its vibrant and a easy drape. I got it from a popular Kolkata boutique called Srijoni. It has magical myriad of colors all along its body. The swans and lotuses painted on it remind me of my watercolor books in school. Lets get to the first look, where I styled it with its own blouse. I designed the blouse to be a boat neck one. Paired it with a peacock kundan earrings and stacks of colorful bangles. 











Look 2:

The second look I created was very recently on Poila Boishakh, I paired the same saree with a blue Asos crop top. Its an old crop top which again I have been repeating with many sarees of mine. Here as the look was more casual for a celebration at home, so I wore a beads earring and minimal natural makeup.










Look 3:


The last look is my most favorite but unfortunately doesnt have much photos clicked in this one. I wore the saree for one Saraswati pujo specially for the lotus and swans and cranes in it. I [paired it this time with a mock neck white puff sleeve top. I got this fitted top from Shein and is extremely handy when you want to wear a saree in colder weather. The blouse adds onto some much needed drama to the look. I only wore big kundan turquoise jhumka. They are again my most worn favorite pair I got from a Pakistani seller.




I Hope you liked all three of the looks. Please leave me a comment on which ones your favorite and whats your take on repeating outfits.
Will back soon with some interesting posts. Till then stay healthy and spread kindness

Love always
From
Moumita

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a information. Also Visit Chowdhrain if you are looking for chanderi sarees online.

    ReplyDelete