What I Wore: Ruffle Saree The Hottest Trend This Season


I have never really followed trends while dressing up. So this title of the post is  very unlike of me. But when I recently saw the pic of a renowned Bollywood celebrity wearing a frilled border Ruffle Saree all my brain said was "I want this NOW". Luckily on my recent trip to India saw a similar one on the page of an online seller and grabbed it as soon as I could. Before even thinking should I buy it, the saree was delivered to my home. Thus here I am posting the "trendiest" saree of the season Ruffle Saree. When we decided Little K's 1st birthday party theme (yes he just turned ONE!!) to be Little Krishna, I knew I had to wear a saree and grabbed this one as it was light weight, comfortable, stylish and a statement itself.









From the previous posts you might have known that how I love bright neon colors, thus I had to order this brightest one available from the lot. Here I am wearing that blinding tomato red frilled saree. The saree came with this matching net blouse and a liner fabric. I designed the net to be clear of any lining at the back and have a clear net neckline too. My tailor obliged and I love how its looking.






As for completing the whole look, I paired it with a 5 jhumki peacock earring that I specially bought for K's Krishna themed Birthday Party. Chose not to overshadow the saree with much accessory so teamed up kundan kada and kept the makeup heavy to match up the plain saree and the occasion. 






So if you up for some new saree style without emptying your wallet, this saree is for you. Its available is several colors and is a must try for parties where you want to wear something light. So after you have scrolled through zillions photos of minešŸ˜¬(hope you didnt get bored) lets also have look at the birthday boy and Sr. K.



If you like the post please do like, comment and share it. Your words of encouragement keeps us going. Please do follow us on  Facebook and Instagram for latest updates on the blog.

Outfit Details

Saree and Blouse: Private online seller based in Kolkata
Earring: Etsy
Bangles: NaMo India store
Bag: Gariahat Hawkers Market, Kolkata, India


0 comments:

Post a Comment