Durga Puja / Navratri Look 2019 : For the Love of Dhakai


If you are still in awe with our first Durga Puja Look we styled in last post  lets bring on yet again another favorite of ours. For the mornings when you walk down to the pandals for a pushpanjali or the evenings you want to sit and enjoy the arati and sit for hours in adda with friends....the most classic, and stylish version of yourself. Bangali and Bangali's Durga Puja are incomplete without a silk and a dhakai. As we have already styled a traditional silk in our previous post its turn for the Dhakai now.


Draping the most gorgeous and traditional Dhakai Jamdani available in the market. It has the age old saw or korat motif weaved very densely all over the body. The color is most unusual...a wine or a garnet shade with bright orange work and golden zari meenakari on it. On my customary trip to Sriniketan , saw this saree draped on a mannequin in the front door and I JUST HAD TO BUY IT. They didn't have a second piece so I had to rob off the saree from the mannequin.


Now comes the most interesting part of the look, the contrast olive green blouse. Those who have previously read my posts know that  I love experimenting with mismatch blouses but this blouse was a find for me.There are flood of blouses with back embroideries in the market now, but this stroked an odd chord with me. I saw this blouse with back embroidery resembling the poster of the classic Satyajit Ray movie Charulata on a Facebook owners profile and again JUST HAD TO BUY IT. I have been an eternal fan of Ray's Charulata, The intelligent, sensitive and strong character of Charulata fascinates me everytime. Her discovery of herself and her emotional turmoil is ever so relevant. Thus this blouse holds a special place in my wardrobe now. Matched this with this favorite Jamdani of mine.




 





I kept the look very easy-to-go with light makeup, a small bindi and silver jhumkas. Its comfortable and wearable for long hours of addas with friends. If you wish you can glam up a little more with flowers in your hair and a heavy silver neck-piece. 





Its one of our favorite looks this season. If you like the post please do like, comment and share it. Your words of encouragement keeps us going. Please do follow us on  Facebook and Instagram for latest updates on the blog.



1 comment: